Buy Flagyl Online
Availability: In Stock (36 packs)
Active Ingredient: Metronidazole
Manufacturer: Piramal Enterprise Ltd. / Vikram Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Disease(s): Infections of the vagina / stomach / skin / joints and respiratory tract.
Flagyl is a drug with antiprotozoal and antibacterial effect, intended for local use in gynecological practice
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|60 pills||$0.92||$27.61||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.88||$2.61||$55.22 $52.61||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.76||$13.91||$82.83 $68.32||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.70||$26.49||$110.44 $83.95||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.64||$50.41||$165.66 $115.25||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.59||$119.55||$331.32 $211.77||ADD TO CART|
Erythromycin instruction for use
Flagyl is a drug with antiprotozoal and antibacterial effect, intended for local use in gynecological practice. The composition of the drug includes the active substance — metronidazole. The mechanism of action of Flagyl is its ability to induce biochemical recovery of the 5-nitro group of metronidazole due to intracellular transport proteins of cells of protozoa and anaerobic microorganisms. As a result, the synthesis of amino acids by the cell of the microorganism or protozoa is inhibited, and, as a result, their death.
Flagyl has a wide range of antiprotozoal and antibacterial effects. It has high activity against Trichomonas vaginalis, Entamoeba histolytica, Lamblia intestinalis, Giardia intestinalis, as well as obligate anaerobic microorganisms (Bacteroides spp., B. distasonis, B.ovatus, B.fragilis, B.vulgatus, B.thetaiotaomicron) ., Fusobacterium spp., Peptococcus spp., Peptostreptococcus spp., Sensitive strains of Eubacterium.
20% of the drug taken enters the systemic circulation, the plasma concentration is 12% of a single dose. The elimination half-life is 8-12 hours. It binds to plasma proteins in an amount of about 20%.
Indications for use
Flagship indications for use relate to diseases caused by protozoa and anaerobic microorganisms. These bacteria are highly tolerated by adverse factors. Settle in deep wounds, dying tissues. In these places, the level of local body protection is reduced.
The purpose of the drug Flagyl in the form of tablets is advisable in the following cases:
- During protozoal infections: amoebic hepatic abscess, intestinal and extraintestinal amebiasis, trichomoniasis, giardiasis, trichomonas urethritis and vaginitis.
- Against infections caused by bacteroids (helps with meningitis, brain abscess, endocarditis, pneumonia, sepsis, bone and joint diseases).
- It fights against the pathological processes of the abdominal cavity caused by peptostreptococci, peptococci, clostridia (prescribed for peritonitis, abscess of the liver and ovaries, endometritis).
- Helps with diseases of the digestive tract caused by the Helicobacter pylori bacterium.
- The indication is the detection of pseudomembranous colitis caused by antibiotics.
- Used for prophylactic purposes after operations.
The following contraindications for use are indicated in the Flagyl instructions:
- hypersensitivity to imidazoles;
- organic damage to the central nervous system, including epilepsy; blood diseases (including a medical history);
- impaired coordination of movements;
- pregnancy, lactation;
- liver failure.
Method of application, dosage
The dosage and treatment regimen for tablets depends on the diagnosis. Tablets are drunk during or after meals, washed down with water. Do not bite or chew the tablet:
- Amoebiasis requires taking medication for 7 days at 0.5 g three times a day.
- With giardiasis, treatment lasts for 5 days. The dosage of Flagyl may be 0.3 g three times a day. For primary school children, 375 mg per day is prescribed, which must be divided into three doses. Older children are prescribed 0.5 g of the drug.
- Trichomoniasis in adults can be treated in two ways. The first scheme allows you to take the medicine once in a dosage of 2000 mg. According to another scheme, tablets should be drunk 10 days, one tablet twice a day. Treatment of trichomoniasis in a child lasts 10 days. From two years of age to 10 years, the dosage is 250 mg. The dose should be divided into two doses. After 10 years, the dosage increases to 500 mg per day.
- Vaginitis is treated for a week. You need to take 250 mg twice a day.
- Gastritis and diseases of the duodenum caused by Helicobacter bacterium are treated for a week. You need to take 500 mg three times a day. Often, treatment is combined with Amoxicillin.
The treatment of parasites with the help of Flagyl is carried out in three stages:
- The goal is to reduce the toxic effects of bacteria on the body. Therefore, a few days before the start of taking the tablets, they switch to a special diet. They begin to take choleretic drugs, enzyme preparations and enterosorbents.
- Treatment measures continue along with other drugs being taken with the inclusion of Flagyl. Can be used and analogues, which include Metronidazole.
- Fixing the effect and preventing re-infection. Normalize bowel function. You can use prebiotics. Maintain a fortified diet, increase immunity.
Candles are taken as follows. With Trichomonas vaginitis for 10 days, one candle 500 mg in the evening is injected deep into the vagina. At the same time, taking tablets is recommended.
Suspension is used in childhood. Dosage is calculated according to weight. The duration of treatment is about 10 days. With giardiasis in children under 5 years of age, they give 200 mg per day, over 5 years of age, the dosage increases to 300 mg. The course of treatment therapy is 5 days. If necessary, treatment is repeated after two weeks.
Inside. With amoebiasis, Flagyl is used orally for 7 days at 1.5 g / day for 3 doses (adults).
Giardiasis is treated for 5 days: adults are prescribed 750-1000 mg / day, children 6-10 years old — 375 mg / day (1.5 tablets) and children 10-15 years old — 500 mg / day (2 tablets) . For children under 6 years of age, the use of metronidazole in the form of a suspension is preferable.
With trichomoniasis in women (urethritis and vaginitis), Flagyl is prescribed once at a dose of 2 g or as a course of treatment for 10 days: 1 tab. (250 mg) 2 times / day.
With trichomoniasis in men (urethritis), Flagyl is prescribed once at a dose of 2 g or as a course of treatment for 10 days, 1 tab. (250 mg) 2 times / day.
For non-specific vaginitis, 500 mg of Flagyl is used 2 times / day for 7 days.
In the treatment of anaerobic infections, adults are prescribed Flagyl at 1-1.5 g / day.
Contraindication: children under 6 years old. Giardiasis is treated for 5 days: for children 6-10 years old — 375 mg / day (1.5 tablets) and for children 10-15 years old — 500 mg / day (2 tablets). For children under 6 years of age, the use of metronidazole in the form of a suspension is preferable.
When taking Flagyl, the following side effects were recorded:
- from the digestive tract: metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, dry mouth, glossitis, decreased appetite, stomatitis, anorexia, pancreatitis, diarrhea, vomiting, epigastric pain;
- on the part of the National Assembly: dizziness, headache, impaired coordination of movements, irritability, confusion, increased irritability, depression, cramps, insomnia, peripheral neuropathy, hallucinations;
- allergic reactions: skin hyperemia, urticaria, fever, allergic rhinitis;
- from the urinary system: cystitis, polyuria, dysuria, candidiasis, urinary incontinence, staining of urine in brown;
- local reactions: burning sensation in the genital area, vulvitis;
- others: neutropenia, leukopenia, flattening of the T wave on an electrocardiogram.
When taking Flagyl, alcohol is contraindicated, since it is possible to develop effects similar to those of disulfiram (vomiting, fever, tachycardia).
If long-term administration of Flagyl is necessary, hematological parameters should be monitored. With the development of leukopenia, the question of the further use of this drug depends on the risk of an infectious process.
During the treatment of trichomonas vaginitis, one should refrain from sexual intercourse. During menstruation, Flagyl treatment should not be discontinued.
If neurological symptoms appear, treatment with this drug must be discontinued.
Metronidazole, which is part of Flagyl, has the ability to immobilize treponema, which can lead to a false positive Nelson reaction.
The use of Flagyl during pregnancy
The use of the Flagyl during pregnancy and lactation is contraindicated.
Price and where can I buy Flagyl online?
Flagyl is one of the most popular and cheap drugs on the market, its cost is from $ 30 per package. On our website you can buy Flagyl online over the counter, with a 10% discount and quick home delivery within 3 days.