Buy Cephalexin Online
Availability: In Stock (29 packs)
Active Ingredient: Cephalexin
Manufacturer: Cipla Limited / Nicholas Piramal India Ltd.
Disease(s): Respiratory infections / ear infections.
Cephalexin is a broad spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic used to treat respiratory infections and ear infections, great for children and adults.
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|30 pills||$1.39||$41.80||ADD TO CART|
|60 pills||$1.08||$19.06||$83.61 $64.55||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.97||$38.12||$125.41 $87.29||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.92||$57.19||$167.22 $110.03||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.86||$95.31||$250.82 $155.51||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.83||$152.50||$376.23 $223.73||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.81||$209.69||$501.65 $291.96||ADD TO CART|
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|30 pills||$1.85||$55.45||ADD TO CART|
|60 pills||$1.37||$28.43||$110.90 $82.47||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$1.22||$56.86||$166.35 $109.49||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$1.14||$85.29||$221.80 $136.51||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$1.06||$142.15||$332.69 $190.54||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$1.01||$227.45||$499.05 $271.60||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.98||$312.74||$665.40 $352.66||ADD TO CART|
Cepahelxin instruction for use
Cephalexin antibiotic is a first-generation cephalosporin series drug. It refers to bactericidal agents of a wide range of effects on gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. It is produced by the pharmaceutical industry in several dosage forms for oral administration. Not for injection. As part of external ointments and gels, it does not have sufficient effectiveness due to the specific distribution pathway in the human body.
The cephalexin antibiotic is recommended for use in patients with inflammatory diseases of mild to moderate severity. The drug is most active in case of infections of the upper respiratory tract and diseases of the genitourinary sphere. According to studies, cephalexin is excreted in the urine almost in full unchanged. This allows it to be used effectively for the treatment of cystitis, pyelonephritis, prostatitis, inflammation of the uterine appendages and not complicated.
The advantage of cephalexin is that those microorganisms that have developed immunity to the antibacterial agents of the penicillin series are not resistant to it. Due to this, cephalexin is successfully used in the case of prolonged tracheitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis and tonsillitis. A significant drawback of cephalexin is its inability to overcome the encephalic barrier and penetrate the lining of the brain. This completely excludes the possibility of its use in the treatment of generalized sepsis, encephalitis and meningitis of any etiology.
After oral administration, the maximum concentration of the active substance in the blood is reached after 20 minutes, remains for 6 hours. For oral administration, gelatin capsules, powder for suspension, tablets can be used.
Cephalexin finds its main use in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract. The drug shows particular effectiveness in the treatment of scarlet fever, pertussis and catarrhal tonsillitis of unknown etiology. All forms of staphylococcus, pneumococcus, streptococcus, Escherichia, gonococcus, diplococcus and many other forms of microorganisms are absolutely not resistant to cephalexin. Cephalexin demonstrates excellent performance with the complex therapy of salmonellosis, arthrosis, erysipelas of the skin.
Indications and contraindications
- average bacterial otitis media;
- streptococcal pharyngitis;
- infections of bones and joints (osteomyelitis, arthritis, tenosynovitis);
- bacterial lesions of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in the form of phlegmon, abscess, carbuncle;
- infections of the urinary system (pyelonephritis, cystitis, gonorrhea, prostatitis, vulvovaginitis, etc.);
- in order to prevent bacterial endocarditis in patients at risk, before surgical interventions and dental procedures;
- as an alternative to penicillin, with its inefficiency, in connection with the acquired resistance of microorganisms;
- the drug of choice for the treatment of bacterial infections in children and pregnant women.
- severe renal failure (increased risk of impaired elimination of the drug);
- allergic reactions to beta-lactam antibiotics. This is due to the cross-interaction between the drugs. For example, if you take Penicillin with urticaria or anaphylaxis, the same manifestations may be with Cephalexin;
- dosage form in the form of capsules and tablets is contraindicated in children under 3 years of age;
- with convulsive disorders and during treatment with antiepileptic drugs.
Method of use and dosage
Take the drug 30-60 minutes before a meal, drinking plenty of water. The dosage regimen is set individually for each patient (taking into account the sensitivity of the pathogen, localization and severity of the infection).
With oral administration, the average dose for adult patients is 250-500 mg with an interval of 6-12 hours. If necessary, the daily dose is increased to 4-6 g. The duration of the therapeutic course ranges from 7 to 14 days. In children with body weight less than 40 kg, the average daily dose is 25-50 mg / kg, and the frequency of taking the drug is 4 times a day.
With a pronounced course of infections, the daily dose can be increased to 100 mg / kg body weight, and the frequency of administration is up to 6 times a day. In infections provoked by beta-hemolytic group A streptococcus, the duration of therapy should be at least 10 days.
Use in children, during pregnancy and lactation
The use of capsules in children under the age of 3 years is contraindicated. For children under the age of 10, the drug is recommended to be prescribed in the form of a suspension for oral administration.
The use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation is possible only if the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. If necessary, the appointment of the drug during lactation should stop breastfeeding.
The drug is used with extreme caution in case of pseudomembranous colitis (including the patient’s history), renal failure. In patients with hypersensitivity to penicillins, there is a risk of developing an allergy to cephalosporin antibiotics.
During treatment should refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages. During the treatment period, a false positive urine reaction to glucose is possible, as well as a positive direct Coombs reaction. With staphylococcal infection, cross-drug resistance (resistance) between isoxazolylpenicillins and cephalosporins may develop.
In people with functional impairment of the kidneys, cumulation is possible. In this regard, it is necessary to periodically adjust the dosage regimen.
The most common adverse effects of cephalexin, like other cephalosporins, are digestive upsets and hypersensitivity.
The drug may cause the following side effects:
- gastrointestinal tract: abdominal discomfort, pain in the epigastric region, decreased appetite, dry mouth, pseudomembranous colitis, candidiasis of the oral cavity, diarrhea;
- hematopoietic system: inhibition of bone marrow functions, which is manifested by anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia;
- nervous system: headache, sleep disturbance, dizziness, cramps;
- allergy: urticaria, Lyell’s syndrome (toxic epidermal necrolysis), anaphylactic shock, itching in the genital area;
- Genitourinary system: vaginosis, candidiasis, nephritis, worsening of chronic renal failure;
- others: a change in laboratory blood parameters in the form of an increase in hepatic transaminases, an increase in prothrombin time, transient hyperglycemia.
Price and where to buy cephalexin online?
In view of its great popularity, Cephalexin can be bought at almost any pharmacy. It is released without a prescription.
For cephalexin tablets, the average price is about $ 40 per pack. You can buy cephalexin online through our website.
It does not require special storage conditions, direct sunlight and temperature extremes in the room should be avoided. Shelf life 3 years.