Buy Bactrim online 480mg 960mg
Availability: In Stock (29 packs)
Active Ingredient: Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim
Manufacturer: Cipla Limited / Nicholas Piramal India Ltd.
Disease(s): Ear infections / acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis / urinary tract infections.
Bactrim is used to treat ear infections, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, traveler’s diarrhea, and Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|60 pills||$2.55||$25.54||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$1.53||$20.57||$51.08 $30.51||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$1.18||$41.14||$76.62 $35.48||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.84||$102.84||$153.24 $50.40||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$0.73||$164.54||$229.86 $65.32||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.67||$226.24||$306.48 $80.24||ADD TO CART|
Bactrim instruction for use
Bactrim has a bactericidal effect, showing activity against various microorganisms.
These include E. coli, gonococci, streptococci, staphylococci, meningococci, Vibrio cholerae, Salmonella, Listeria, Haemophilus influenzae, Klebsiella, pertussis coli, Brucella, enterococci fecal, Serratia, Enterobacter, Shigella, tsitrobakter, Morganella, chlamydia, intestinal yersiniosis, toxoplasmosis pathogenic fungi, plasmodia, histoplasm, actinomycetes, as well as pathogens of pneumocystis pneumonia, tularemia, nocardiosis, coccidioidosis and legionellosis.
Microorganisms such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, coryneform bacteria and viruses are resistant to the action of the drug. The therapeutic effect after taking Bactrim lasts seven hours.
Bactrim for Children
2.1 Bactrim instructions for use for children
2.2 Indications for use for children
2.3 Contraindications for children
2.4 Bactrim for children: instructions for use
2.5 Side effects for children
2.6 Overdose for children
Indications for use
The use of Bactrim is indicated for the following infectious diseases:
- Infections of ENT organs: tonsillitis, scarlet fever, laryngitis, sinusitis, otitis media.
- Gastrointestinal infections: cholera, typhoid fever and paratyphoid, cholangitis, gastroenteritis, cholecystitis, dysentery, salmonella carriage.
- Infections of the respiratory tract: chronic and acute bronchitis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, pneumocystic and croupous pneumonia, bronchopneumonia, bronchiectasis.
- Infections of the skin: acne, pyoderma, furunculosis, wound infections.
- Infections of the genitourinary system: gonococcal urethritis, soft chancre, cystitis, inguinal granuloma, pyelonephritis, gonorrhea, pyelitis, prostatitis, epididymitis, venereal lymphogranuloma.
- Other bacterial infections caused by a number of microorganisms: osteoarticular infections, brucellosis, toxoplasmosis, nocardiosis, acute and chronic osteomyelitis, actinomycetoma, South American blastomycosis, malaria.
According to the instructions, Bactrim is not prescribed for sensitivity to it (including sulfonamide drugs), renal and hepatic insufficiency, leukopenia, deficiency and aplastic anemia, pregnancy and lactation, agranulocytosis, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency. In children, Bactrim can cause hyperbilirubinemia.
Bactrim is not prescribed for premature babies in the first 6 weeks. The instructions of Bactrim indicate that it is prescribed with caution in diseases of the thyroid gland, in bronchial asthma, folic acid deficiency.
During pregnancy and lactation
An antibiotic is not considered a strictly teratogenic and embryotoxic drug. However, it is recommended to take it during pregnancy only if the benefit from it significantly exceeds the possible harmful consequences.
During lactation, it is also better to avoid taking “Bactrim», since both of its active components will pass to the newborn along with mother’s milk, after which the child may develop unwanted reactions. Children of this age can not even syrup.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that before the appointment of a patient with Bactrim, it is desirable to determine the sensitivity of the microflora to it, which caused the disease in this patient. Assign inside after a meal (morning and evening).
- Inside (tablets), adults and children over 12 years old — 960 mg once, or 480 mg 2 times a day. In severe infections, 480 mg 3 times a day, for chronic infections, the maintenance dose is 480 mg 2 times a day. Children 1-2 years old — 120 mg 2 times a day, 2-6 years old — 120-240 mg 2 times a day, 6-12 years old — 240-480 mg 2 times a day.
The minimum duration of treatment is 4 days; after the symptoms disappear, therapy is continued for 2 days. In chronic infections, the course of treatment is longer. In acute brucellosis — 3-4 weeks, with typhoid fever and paratyphoid — 1-3 months.
- For the prevention of relapse of chronic urinary tract infections, adults and children over 12 years old — 480 mg once a day at night, children under 12 years old — 12 mg / kg / day. The duration of treatment is 3-12 months. The course of treatment for acute cystitis in children 7-16 years old is 480 mg 2 times a day for 3 days.
- With gonorrhea — 1920-2880 mg / day for 3 doses.
- With gonorrheal pharyngitis (with increased sensitivity to penicillin) — 4320 mg once a day for 5 days. With pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis carinii, 120 mg / kg / day with an interval of 6 hours for 14 days.
What adverse reactions can cause the drug «Bactrim»? Instructions for use (for children, a suspension — although the optimal choice, but is still prescribed only according to indications) indicates the following undesirable effects:
- From the respiratory system: bronchospasm, pulmonary infiltrates.
- From the nervous system: headache, dizziness; in some cases — aseptic meningitis, depression, apathy, tremor, peripheral neuritis.
- From the hemopoietic organs: leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, megaloblastic anemia.
- From the musculoskeletal system: arthralgia, myalgia.
Local reactions: thrombophlebitis (at the site of venipuncture), pain at the injection site.
- From the urinary system: polyuria, interstitial nephritis, impaired renal function, crystalluria, hematuria, increased urea concentration, hypercreatininemia, toxic nephropathy with oliguria and anuria.
- From the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, diarrhea, gastritis, abdominal pain, glossitis, stomatitis, cholestasis, increased activity of ен hepatic ’transaminases, hepatitis, hepatonecrosis, pseudomembranous enterocolitis.
- Allergic reactions: pruritus, photosensitivity, rash, erythema multiforme exudative (including Stevens-Johnson syndrome), toxic epidermal necrolysis (Lyell’s syndrome), exfoliative dermatitis, allergic myocarditis, fever, angioedema, sclera hyperemia.
- Other: hypoglycemia.
If the dose of the drug exceeded the allowable, the patient will note nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, headaches, fainting, confusion and urine in the form of meat slops due to the presence of blood in the latter. Temperature may rise. If an overdose occurs constantly, the patient’s blood formula suffers: conditions such as leukopenia (a decrease in white blood cells), thrombocytopenia, jaundice, and megaloblastic anemia (deficiency of B 12 and folic acid) develop.
Gastric lavage, increased fluid intake, and the administration of calcium salt and folic acid intramuscularly at a dose of 5-15 mg are used as methods to combat the overdose of Bactrim. Sometimes, in especially severe cases of drug poisoning, hemodialysis is necessary.
Before using Bactrim, it is imperative to carefully read the instructions and pay attention to such special instructions for its use:
- Bactrim suspension is not used to treat pregnant women. During breastfeeding, for the entire period of treatment, the child is transferred to feeding with adapted milk mixtures.
- When carrying out long-term treatment with Bactrim, there is a need for regular determination of the number of uniform elements in the blood. With a significant decrease in the amount of any of the elements, therapy should be discontinued. Patients with severe hematological pathologies can be prescribed co-trimoxazole only in the most extreme cases.
- The use of the drug in the elderly, against a background of a deficiency of folic acid in the body, can lead to the development of changes in hematological parameters (leukopenia, thrombocytopenia). Therefore, the drug is prescribed with caution to such categories of patients with periodic clinical blood tests.
- During treatment, control of the water balance in the body is carried out and a sufficient supply of fluid and mineral salts is necessarily ensured.
- The drug may interact with certain drugs of other pharmacological groups (diuretics, antibiotics, anticoagulants), therefore, before starting its use, it is necessary to warn the doctor about taking other medicines.
In pharmacies, the drug is dispensed only by prescription. In case of any doubt, questions regarding its administration, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Bactrim instructions for use for children
About the drug Bactrim, the instruction for use for children speaks of a potent medicine, which is resorted to if the use of a single-component antibacterial agent does not give the desired effect. The substance Co-trimoxazole consists of 2 components: sulfamethoxazole, trimethoprim. Therefore, Bactrim refers to combination agents that can suppress different groups of microbes.
Indications for use for children
The drug is actively used in the fight against infected lesions of the respiratory system, ENT organs. He is consulted for the following pathologies:
- with chronic bronchitis (acute stage);
- with pneumonia provoked by Pneumocystis carinii (treatment, prevention);
- with bronchiectasis;
- with complicated otitis media (when monotherapy does not give a quick positive result);
- with scarlet fever.
It is also relevant in the elimination of bacterial lesions of the urinary tract, genital infections:
- soft chancre, granulomas.
Often, the drug is prescribed for the treatment of infections of the digestive system, among them are:
- typhoid fever, paratyphoid;
- some varieties of shigellosis, including those caused by Shigella sonnei;
- travelers’ diarrhea provoked by Escherichia coli.
Doctors can prescribe Bactrim for children in the fight against other infections, including acute brucellosis (if the disease is not pronounced fungal), with osteomyelitis, actinomycosis, toxoplasmosis, nocardiosis, malaria, blastomycosis. Actually, its use in the correction of the skin condition when it is affected by acne, furunculosis, there are wounds that have undergone severe infection.
Bactrim is characterized by good efficiency, but it is used only if it is not possible to overcome the pathology with monopreparations.
Contraindications for children
The drug has a complex effect on the body. Therefore, from the point of view of specialists, it can not always be used, all cases of contraindications are recorded in the instructions.
Contraindications are renal and hepatic insufficiency, serious blood diseases (plastic anemia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, B12-deficient anemia).
Caution, always comparing risk and benefit, use this medicine during pregnancy, lactation. Animal studies have shown that Co-trimoxazole leads to fetal abnormalities. In order to avoid abortion, treatment with this drug should be accompanied by folic acid intake.
In the last trimester, Bactrim is generally excluded so as not to provoke a newborn’s nuclear jaundice. With lactation, small doses of the active substance penetrate into milk. Therefore, it is recommended to take the medicine only when the benefit to the mother is more important than the potential nuclear jaundice in the baby or the possible development of increased sensitivity in him. Do not use the medicine with hypersensitivity to any substance in the composition.
The drug should not be prescribed to children whose age is less than 3 months.
Bactrim for children: instructions for use
The standard dosage is designed for adult patients, for children whose age is more than 12 years: from 2 to 6 scoops twice a day.
The specific number of spoons prescribed at one time is determined by the severity of the condition. The first half of the daily dose is used after breakfast, the second — before bedtime. The total duration of the course is from 5 days.
Stop taking if the symptoms of the disease do not bother for another two days. The lack of effect after 7 days of admission is an occasion to conduct additional examinations and adjust therapy. After all, the encountered immunity of microbes to this remedy may require a different medicine.
When prescribing to patients whose age is less than 12 years, an individual approach is used. Infants 3 to 5 months old may receive a half daily dose (2, 5 ml). From six months to 5 years, they usually recommend 1 scoop daily twice a day. In severe cases, an increase in the dose of Bactrim for children, according to Komarovsky, other experts only allow one and a half times.
In the treatment of the genitourinary system in adults, the maximum dosage.
Side effects for children
In the absence of serious chronic pathologies, patients easily tolerate treatment with this antimicrobial agent. About the side effects of Bactrim, a syrup for children, reviews usually speak with restraint: sometimes a skin rash is described, less commonly diarrhea. But manufacturers still warn that taking the drug can provoke side effects in the body.
If any of the following factors are identified, the question of stopping Bactrim should be raised:
- disorders of the digestive tract, including vomiting, diarrhea, pancreatitis, even hepatitis and cholestasis;
- various forms of allergic reactions;
disruptions in the hematopoietic system, including granulocytopenia, leukopenia, anemia and others;
- pathologies of the nervous system: hallucinations, neuropathy, uveitis, dizziness, convulsions, ataxia, manifestations of meningeal symptoms;
- problems of the musculoskeletal system;
- disorders of the urinary system. These include interruptions in the functioning of the kidneys, a rising level of urea in the blood, crystalluria, interstitial nephritis;
- respiratory problems can also occur. Often there is shortness of breath, cough, indicating the formation of pulmonary infiltrates.
At a high dosage, disorders can affect the metabolic system.
Overdose for children
You need to know that an overdose can be both acute (occurs with a single dose of a high dose of the substance) and chronic (the substance accumulates due to prolonged use of large doses of the drug).
An acute overdose will make itself felt by nausea, turning into vomiting, headaches, severe dizziness, diarrhea, visual impairment, and malfunctioning of the brain. In the chronic form, blood formation functions are inhibited. — source: