Buy Augmentin online 375mg 625mg 1000mg
Availability: In Stock (29 packs)
Active Ingredient: Clavulanate, Amoxicillin
Manufacturer: Alkem Laboratories Ltd (Cytomed) / GlaxoSmithKline Plc
Disease(s): Infections of lower respiratory tract / otitis media / sinusitis / skin infections / urinary tract infections.
Augmentin is used to treat infections of the lower respiratory tract, middle ear, sinus, skin, and urinary tract caused by certain specific bacteria.
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|30 pills||$3.79||$37.93||ADD TO CART|
|60 pills||$2.35||$28.80||$75.86 $47.06||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$1.87||$57.61||$113.79 $56.18||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$1.39||$144.03||$227.58 $83.55||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$1.23||$230.44||$341.37 $110.93||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$1.15||$316.86||$455.16 $138.30||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$1.07||$489.69||$682.74 $193.05||ADD TO CART|
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|30 pills||$4.63||$46.26||ADD TO CART|
|60 pills||$2.94||$33.71||$92.52 $58.81||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$2.38||$67.42||$138.78 $71.36||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$1.82||$168.55||$277.56 $109.01||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$1.63||$269.69||$416.34 $146.65||ADD TO CART|
|270 pills||$1.54||$370.82||$555.12 $184.30||ADD TO CART|
Augmentin instruction for use
Augmentin belongs to the category of antibacterial and is considered a complex medication. The wide spectrum of action of this drug is achieved due to the presence of amoxicillin and clavulonic acid in its composition, which allows the use of an antibiotic for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of a bacterial nature that affect different organs and systems of the human body.
Composition and dosage forms
All dosage forms of Augmentin have the same main components:
- Amoxicillin is an antibacterial substance that belongs to the group of penicillins of a semi-synthetic type. This component is an analogue of ampicillin, it is distinguished only by small structural changes in the formula.
- Clavulonic acid is a product obtained after fermentation of certain gram-positive bacteria. As part of an antibiotic, it looks like a potassium salt.
The mechanism of action of the drug
Amoxicillin, which is the main active ingredient of the drug, refers to antibacterial agents with a wide spectrum of action. It shows pronounced activity against bacteria of gram-positive and gram-negative species.
Clavulonic acid, another component of this medication, has the ability to stop the work of beta-lactamase and some other enzymes that are resistant to penicillins. This substance allows Augmentin to work when pathogenic microorganisms resist its influence, producing a number of enzymes.
Augmentin is effective against various types of bacteria, gram-positive, as well as gram-negative (anaerobic, aerobic). The drug allows you to fight with such pathogens:
- pale treponema;
- Escherichia coli;
- cholera vibrios;
- Salmonella and others.
An important difference between this medication and other antibacterial compositions is the possibility of a prolonged effect on organisms. Due to this, the medicine is used to treat pneumonia even in those cases when its pathogens are resistant to the penicillin group of substances.
- the active substances of the drug are quickly absorbed by the digestive tract;
- the maximum effect of the drug will be if the patient drinks the medicine before eating;
- the drug is actively distributed throughout all tissues, organs, biological fluids;
- Amoxicillin penetrates the composition of breast milk, after which it can accumulate in the baby’s liver, therefore this drug is practically not used in women during breastfeeding;
- Augmentin easily overcomes the placental barrier, but studies have not shown its teratogenic effects on the fetus;
- the drug is excreted outside the body with the help of the kidneys and feces (some part of clavulonic acid).
Indications and contraindications
Augmentin administration is indicated in the presence of a number of pathological conditions:
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract: sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, inflammation of the middle ear caused by bacteria sensitive to the penicillin group of antibiotics;
- diseases of the lower respiratory tract: recurrent bronchitis, bronchopneumonia, pneumonia, accompanied by inflammation of the airways (cough and increased body temperature, a clear sign of such processes);
- infectious pathologies of the urinary and reproductive system, provoked by pathogens such as staphylococci, colic Escherichia, gonococci, enterobacteria, enterococci. In addition, the drug effectively affects gonorrhea, chlamydia, allows you to get rid of jade, pyelonephritis;
- skin lesions with an abscess base: pyoderma, carbuncles, boils, and more;
- joint and bone infections, for example, osteomyelitis and other pathologies provoked by exposure to staphylococcus;
- inflammatory pathologies of the uterine cavity: endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis, the consequences of abortion, historoscopy, soundings;
- mixed abdominal infectious processes (in this case, Augmentin is part of complex therapy).
A wide range of therapeutic effects of this antibiotic does not mean that its use is allowed for everyone. There are conditions that do not allow a person to conduct treatment using this medication.
Contraindications to the use of Augmentin:
- intolerance of a personal nature in relation to cephalosporin, penicillin groups of drugs;
- conditions with serious impaired renal function;
- the age of the child is up to two years;
- blood diseases;
- infectious mononucleosis.
Instructions for use
The method of application of Augmentin depends on its dosage form, all the subtleties of using the drug are set by the instructions that are attached to each package.
Specific doses of the drug are established for each patient individually, taking into account age characteristics, severity of the course of the disease and other parameters. Only a specialist with the appropriate qualifications should do this.
Features of the use of Augmentin:
- take Augmentin before or after a meal, the doctor determines. However, when the patient is prescribed taking the pills, it is preferable to drink them before meals, this will improve the effectiveness of therapy;
- the minimum course of antibiotic therapy is 5 days, the doctor sets the specific dates;
- discontinuation of therapy after the disappearance of the symptoms of the disease is prohibited, in this case, unpleasant signs can return again, which will lead to the transition of the disease into a chronic form, or the development of superinfection;
- you can not change the drug with a dosage of active substances lower or higher than prescribed by the doctor: this can lead to a lack of therapeutic effect or too high toxic effects on the liver;
- 2 weeks of therapy, which do not give a pronounced effect, require a review of the drug and replacement of the active substance;
- severe infection may require injection of the drug, which is replaced by oral after the transition of the patient’s condition to a zone of moderate severity.
Augmentin for children
How many days to drink Augmentin for children, in what dosage should I take the medicine? Only a doctor can solve these issues.
As a rule, the calculation of a specific dosage of a drug depends on the body weight of the child, as well as his age. The medicine is calculated on the basis of how many milliliters of the drug for every kilogram of the baby’s weight should go into his body.
In addition, the dosage depends on the type of infection that triggered the development of the disease. For example, small doses are required to treat infectious processes on the skin, pharyngitis or tonsillitis of a chronic course. The presence of cystitis, inflammatory processes that developed in the respiratory tract (upper, lower parts), sinusitis, requires the use of higher doses of the drug.
For babies under the age of two, the drug is not used. Accurate studies, the results of which would confirm the safety of such therapy, have not been conducted.
Augmentin during pregnancy and lactation
Augmentin is a drug with a fairly wide spectrum of action, it can be used in different categories of patients. As for pregnant women, the decision on the possibility of its use during this delicate period can only be made by a doctor.
The fact is that studies on the effect of the drug on the fetus were conducted only in relation to animals. Their data did not confirm the likelihood of a teratogenic effect on the fetus, the ability of this antibacterial agent to disrupt the development of the internal organs of the fetus. The lack of clinical studies involving people does not allow doctors to actively prescribe this medication during pregnancy.
The first trimester of pregnancy is the time when the risks of chromosomal abnormalities are higher than ever, therefore the drug is strictly prohibited during this period. Otherwise, the woman will expose her own baby to the risk of developmental disorders or improper formation of organs and systems.
A study was conducted on a child born prematurely, without the ability to later life. His results confirmed the fact that even prophylactic doses of Augmentin increase the risks of developing necrotic colitis in a child.
During the period of breastfeeding of the baby, a woman can take this antibacterial drug, but, only on the recommendation of the attending physician. His independent appointment is prohibited. A woman cannot decide on changes in the dosage of the medicine herself, shorten or extend the duration of therapy.
Amoxicillin can penetrate the composition of breast milk, after entering the baby. High doses can negatively affect liver damage. Other pathological effects of the drug on the health of the baby, according to ongoing studies, have not been identified.
The correct use of Augmentin, based on medical advice, or a thorough study of the instructions, as a rule, does not cause the development of negative manifestations on the part of the human body.
However, hypersensitivity to some components that contains the medicine, or violations of the rules of admission, can provoke the occurrence of side effects from different systems and organs.
- Gastrointestinal organs: nausea, pain in the epigastric region, the development of hepatitis, bloating, flatulence, the occurrence of dyspeptic disorders.
- Urinary system: oliguria, the development of acute renal failure or impaired functioning.
- CNS: dizziness, sleep disturbances, fatigue, weakness, decreased reactions.
- Skin: the appearance of allergic rashes, irritations, rashes on the skin, accompanied by itching, the appearance of urticaria, thrush (vagina, oral mucosa).