Buy Ampicillin online 250mg 500mg
Availability: In Stock (28 packs)
Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. / Svizera Labs Private Limited
Disease(s): Infections of stomach and intestines / Middle ear / Sinuses / Bladder / Kidney
Ampicillin is an antibiotic to fight infections of the stomach and intestines, middle ear, sinuses, bladder and kidneys.
|Product name||Per Pill||Savings (only today)||Per Pack|
|1 pills||$0.14||$0.14||ADD TO CART|
|60 pills||$0.66||$17.74||$37.56 $19.82||ADD TO CART|
|90 pills||$0.51||$44.34||$75.12 $30.78||ADD TO CART|
|120 pills||$0.46||$70.94||$112.68 $41.74||ADD TO CART|
|180 pills||$0.44||$97.54||$150.24 $52.70||ADD TO CART|
|360 pills||$0.41||$150.75||$225.36 $74.61||ADD TO CART|
Ampicillin instruction for use
For the treatment of complex infectious and bacterial diseases, the antibiotic Ampicillin is used. He is part of the penicillin group and effectively copes with the manifestations of the vital activity of pathogenic microflora. Read the instructions for use of Ampicillin, learn about its indications for use, release forms, composition and method of administration.
What is ampicillin?
According to the accepted pharmacological classification, the antibiotic Ampicillin is included in the penicillin group, has a wide spectrum of activity and is destroyed by penicillinase. The active substance of the drug is ampicillin trihydrate, which prevents the bacterial cell wall from growing. This allows the use of the drug in the treatment of diseases caused by pathogenic pathogens.
The antibacterial drug is active against a number of bacteria (E. coli, Shigella, Salmonella, Proteus). The drug does not act on strains of microbes that form the penicillinase enzyme. The antimicrobial property is determined by the active substance, which begins to act immediately, penetrating into the tissues and body fluids.
Ampicillin — antibiotic or not
The drug is an antibiotic, has an antimicrobial effect on certain strains of microorganisms. These include: Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Enterococcus spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria meningitidis, Escherichia coli, Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Bordetella pertussis, Haemophilus influenza.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The antibiotic is part of the group of semisynthetic penicillins, it does not allow the bacterial cell wall to grow, due to which it has a bactericidal effect. The drug is destroyed by penicillinase, resistant to acids. Once inside, the drug is rapidly absorbed, does not collapse in an acidic environment, weakly penetrates the blood-brain barrier of the brain, but this ability increases with inflammation of the membranes.
The metabolism of the drug occurs in the liver. The medication is excreted by the kidneys in 2-3 hours, its high concentrations are created in the urine, but the active substance does not cumulate. This helps to apply it for a long time in large doses. The drug is partially excreted by bile, found in pleural, peritoneal and synovial fluids, many tissues of the body.
Indications for use
The main indications for using the drug are diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to the active substance. These include diseases:
- bronchitis, abscess, pneumonia;
- tonsillitis, diseases of the ENT organs;
- cholecystitis, cholangitis;
- pyelitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis;
- gastrointestinal infections, salmonella carriage;
- gynecological infections of the ovaries, lesions of the skin and soft tissues, gonorrhea;
- peritonitis, sepsis, septic endocarditis;
- meningitis, adnexitis;
- rheumatism, erysipelas;
- scarlet fever, gonorrhea.
How to use Ampicillin
The method of application and dosage of the drug are determined by the doctor individually, depending on the stage of development of the disease, the location of the infection and the type of pathogen bacterium.
How to use Ampicillin for bronchitis or diseases of the ENT organs:
- A single dose is 250-500 mg, and the daily dose is 1-3 g for adults, but not more than 4 g.
- For children, the daily dosage is 50-100 mg / kg body weight, with a weight of less than 20 kg — 12.5-25 mg / kg. The daily dose is divided into four doses.
According to the instructions, Ampicillin tablets are taken orally, regardless of the meal.
- A single adult dose is 0.5 g, daily — 2-3 g in 4-6 doses.
- Children are prescribed 100 mg / kg of body weight.
The course of treatment with tablets depends on the severity of the disease and the effectiveness of the therapy. The minimum period for taking the drug is five days, the maximum is measured in several months.
In the instructions for use of the medication, the section of special instructions should be studied. Some points:
- the drug is used with caution in bronchial asthma, hay fever, with the joint use of desensitizing agents;
- in the process of treatment, periodic monitoring of the function of the kidneys, liver, and blood is required;
- in case of impaired kidney or liver, a dose adjustment is performed;
- high doses of the drug can lead to toxic effects;
- during sepsis therapy, a bacteriolysis reaction may develop;
- if allergic reactions appear, treatment is canceled;
- debilitated patients may develop superinfection, which requires discontinuation of drug therapy.
Doctors are allowed to take the antibiotic Ampicillin during pregnancy, but only when the potential benefit to the mother will exceed the possible risk for the development and growth of the fetus. When taking the drug when carrying a child, special careful monitoring of the picture of peripheral blood and the functioning of all systems of the unborn baby is required.
Ampicillin for lactation
During lactation, the active substance of the composition passes into breast milk and is found there in low concentrations. If a nursing mother is taking the medication, then stopping breastfeeding should be considered. If this is not possible, a woman is transferred to treatment with safer means to eliminate pathogenic microflora in the body.
Ampicillin for children
According to the instructions, Ampicillin can be prescribed to children from the first month of life in the form of parenteral administration of a solution. From a year you can prescribe a suspension obtained from the powder. The dosage of the drug differs depending on body weight and is 50-100 mg / kg, with a weight of less than 20 kg — 12.5-25 mg / kg. The daily dose of injections for newborns is 100 mg / kg, for children older than a month — 50 mg / kg.
Ampicillin and alcohol
Doctors are strictly forbidden to take alcohol and alcohol-containing drinks or drugs during medication treatment. This leads to an increase in the load on the liver, a decrease in its working capacity and an increased risk of an overdose. If there are even slight congenital changes in the liver, then hepatitis, jaundice and even death can occur.
Patients who took the medication respond well about it, but there are a number of side effects that occur during treatment with the drug. These include:
- allergic reactions, skin rash, urticaria;
- Quincke’s edema, itching, dermatitis, fever, anxiety;
- erythema, anaphylactic shock, nausea;
- vomiting, diarrhea, glossitis, apoplexy;
- stomatitis, colitis, dysbiosis;
- anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis;
- oral candidiasis, vaginal thrush, vaginitis, vaginosis.
If the dose of the medicine is exceeded for a long time, an overdose may occur. Its symptoms include dizziness, headache, loose stools, and vomiting. Sometimes skin allergic rashes appear. If these symptoms occur, you must cancel the drug and consult a doctor for treatment. It is advisable to induce vomiting and drink activated charcoal or another sorbent.